Saturday, June 8, 2013

My Job or Yours?

I realize my not working means I'm not contributing monitarily my fair share. I pay for half the utilities (water and power is a BIG bill that Mom has to pay) as my rental contribution. I also wash the dishes everyday, do all the laundry, water bottle washing/rinsing and refilling (since we drink bottled water which we freeze for extra coldness), throw out trash, Mom's clean sheet bed making, litter duty, and, when awake and home, I also take care of all kitty duties (feeding, cleaning messes on floor or kitty). Neither one of us cook much anymore other than quickie foods, but I was the one who did more of that for however infrequently it was done. Oh, and since Mom rarely leaves the house, I also do all the shopping, carrying in, and putting away.

Now I'm a terrible housekeeper, and I know that. The house is a mess and I know it needs a good thorough cleaning. But when it gets done, it is me who does it. She offers, but there are some things I don't want her doing cuz of her bad back. I mean her back first went out cuz she was sweeping pine needles on the carpet. Sweeping is out. Moving a heavy vacuum about is out. Bending over to clean and scrub is out... So yeah, I may deny help there, but she only started offering help recently cuz the house is a mess.

So whether my chores and bill paying offer a even trade or not I don't know. But somehow I got one more chore tacked onto my list. I get to warm up the car every other day for twenty minutes to make sure her car battery doesn't die.... cuz she's an idiot who has essentially killed her car from lack of use! I kind of want to just say, it's not my car, not my job. But since I don't pay half our share, money-wise, I keep my mouth shut.

I wish I was a better housekeeper, then those little things wouldn't bug as much. Or had a job to contribute more. Heh, but then I wish I could just skip over the job hunt process, because that I'm completely useless at. Like my boyfriends, my jobs just sort of fell in my lap. But now with the gap in work history and sucky credit, they look at me funny. And with vision and transport limitations, I'd be more choosy, a luxury I don't really have.

Bleh... Can I just fast forward to a point where the house is clean and I have a job and Mom and I are doing great?

1 comment:

Tony the Tazman said...

I feel for you mija maybe more of an online job maybe in your future but as you have told me that isn't even a option anyway time to call it a night