Monday, June 3, 2013

Family Fun Time

Sunday's Daddy Daughter Day turned into a family outing, or at least the first part of the day did. :-) Movie and breakfast with all three of us and then usual shopping and hanging at Dad's with just two of us. :-)

Game plan was for Mom and I to drive to our old theatre and Dad would meet us there. After the movie we would go to Huff's so Mom could finally taste the Greek omelette I always brag about. :-D We both left a smidge late, but arrived about the same time. Since it was the first showing and not the opening weekend, the theatre was fairly empty. I dunno why, but I always prefer an empty theatre. I mean space to spread out if I want, naturally, but less munching noises during the movie is always a plus! Of course, some moron still brought a baby. Kudos for it not crying throughout the whole movie, but towards the end, it wouldn't shut up and the moron didn't even bother to take it outside!

Despite not sleeping as much as I should have, I didn't nod off once! Mom had been up since 2:30-3a.m. like usual (cuz she's a nut!), so she struggled here and there. :-P And Dad nodded a smidge too, but then he usually does that while watching movies at his place. Hehe. Nodding and baby crying aside, it was a fun movie with lots of OMG moments. :-D And of course, it set it up for the next movie. :-) Mom of course said she was game to see it again! :-P I told her, sure....when it comes out on DVD.

Mom and I followed Dad (or tried when other cars weren't in our way) to the restaurant. As Dad and I regulars, we usually get our favorite server to wait on us even if it's not in her station. :-D So Mom got to meet the famous Judy. And Judy and the hostess (whose name I rarely hear so always forget) both seemed to love Mom. And Mom enjoyed her Greek omelette when she wasn't falling asleep. Hehe.

I moved my stuff from Mom's car to Dad's and Dad gave her directions (or tried to :-P ) to make her way back. But seeing as how she was sleepier than she realized, she almost got lost and had to keep calling to get new directions or confirm the routes. But she DID make it home safely.

Meanwhile, Dad and I headed off to Wally World...a.k.a. Wal-Mart and did some of the quickest shopping we've ever done there. Unloaded the car and spent some time trying to pick ONE of Dad's hundreds of movies to watch. It's sooo much easier when I know before I get there, like when he buys a new one I want to see. I should keep a list of movies I haven't seen that he has. Anywho, we ended up watching the Total Recall remake.

I was perfectly alert all morning. Surprisingly... But I guess for payback on teasing Mom, the sleepiness hit me. I probably only saw half of the movie. :-P From what I did see, it was enjoyable. I mean it was mostly just a spruced up version of the old one. The ending was a bit less something. But overall it looked cool.

Sleslaxed some more while watching (snoozing to) the rest of Finding Nemo, before heading off to a market trip and grub pick up. Subway sammiches with there oh so nummy broccoli cheese soup. Even Mom woke up some to eat that. :-)

So it was a funtastic family morning and a nice relaxing afternoon-evening with Dad. I hope we do it again. Not like all the time, but now and then would be nice. Maybe next time, we can treat Dad. :-D

1 comment:

Tony the Tazman said...

Thank you mija for a great day together and a return trip to the theaters / theatres since we last went together to see Avatar.