Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Progress.... :-)

Cleaning/De-cluttering:
Okay, so I haven't made a complete job of cleaning the house as thorough like as I would like. But lil by lil I am cleaning out cupboards and getting rid of old or unused stuff. I actually threw away a big box of expired food goods from the cupboard and some from the fridge. We sorta stopped cooking real food when we moved here. This kitchen sucks. Anywho... Maybe by the end of the year, I'll have gone through all our cupboards and closets and storage tubs. Out with the old! Mom and I have gathered up all the old cell phones to give to someplace that may be able to reuse them like some charities do? Why do we keep them? Usually this sorting out kinda gets done when we move... Which for a little while was every two years. We've been her for like five years now. We are WAY overdue for a good clean out.

Strays:
This month I was successfully able to catch all (or the rest as I forget when I caught the first two exactly) of the kittens and take them to the shelter. The first two were easy. Walked right into the carrier with the tempting food plate at the back. I closed the door with almost no problems and they didn't mind once they remembered there was food to eat. But when the food was gone, well, they whined a little. They were the calico kittens...which I've been told are always girls so they were priority. The tabby mix was next. Boy did he whine and scramble around in the carrier A LOT. I don't think he/she even ate.... Fluffball did make a complete mess of the carrier with smeared food all over the place. And Saturday I was FINALLY able to catch the kitten we were worried about.... poor thing had been limping for weeks. Lured him/her in like the others but Tablet panicked when I started to close the door. Tried to get out and I had to fight with this little kitten to get it back in the carrier or at least not let it loose in my house. At one point I just held it against me cuz it was squirming so much. Got some flesh wounds. I was literally shaking after that. Freaked I almost let it loose inside or hurt it. Oy and the fighting didn't stop there either! After it ate it fought around in the carrier as we took it to the car. Oy.... Just gotta catch Spumoni (the mama) and Tom (the daddy?) before he gets her pregnant again... Also they're both getting thinner and thinner no matter what amount of food we give....so we want to catch them both not just to prevent stray population again but also to put them out of their misery. Spumoni spends most of her time on our steps and part of that time is looking in...like she wants in or love or something... It's a shame she never really trusts us.

Outings:
Mom and I went to a movie. Not the first time no. But it still felt good to get out of the house with her for something other than her pain management doctor. And afterwards....and here's the important part... MOM went out to lunch with her long time friend. The two hung out for hours. Ever since my brother... heck ever since Tata,...getting Mom to go out and just live has slowly come to a halt. One by one her friends are giving up on her. Thankfully, Becky is not one of them. Mom finally said yes to meeting up and catching up. I hope she gets out more. I don't expect weekly plans... but maybe once every other month? I told her I was proud of her.

No comments: