Saturday, October 31, 2015

Nothing Spooky

Dunno why I feel like sharing this in a blog, but the thought popped in my head so here I am.
 
Apart from enjoying Halloween wrapped candies or going to Knott’s Scary Farm, I’ve never really done anything special for Halloween. Still don’t. At best I bring out my Halloween themed Mickeys to decorate my play space….a mini Halloween party. :-P Occasionally, I try to get Mom to watch a scary movie. But we like creepy and “scary” movies so nothing is really all that scary. Last year we attempted to watch Silent Hill with all the lights off. That’s one of the few movies that just creeps us out and she chickened out midway through. :-P At previous apartments, I used to like to watch trick-or-treaters and sometimes even handed out candy. But no one comes here except cats and skunks.
 
ANYWHO…. This year was no more special than any other, but it was a nice simple day. :-) Last night, after watching Grimm, I began a Walking Dead marathon that went on until mid-morning. After cleaning the kitchen and showering, I had intended on continuing my zombie marathon all through the night. But Mom came home with Costco pizza and the desire to watch a movie. Neither one of us could think of new scary movie we hadn’t already seen in our DVD collection, so we went with Jurassic World. Add that to our usual silly interactions with each other and the cats and it was a fun evening.
 

A lil bit ago, I walked into the kitchen with my empty plate after having my seventh slice of the day (over three different meals) and smiled. Zombies, pizza, dinosaurs, and silliness….not a bad way to spend Halloween. :-)

No comments: