Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Welcome Home, Compy

Okay, not really. I mean my computer’s been home and fixed for a while now. Actually, it’s been fixed again and home for a while now. But the first time it was fixed, not everything was fixed or something. I dreaded turning on the computer or further breaking something. Geek Squad didn’t catch the alert sound I kept hearing when I brought the comp in last year or whenever it is I had to have it repaired. I never did put all the programs I used to use back on it. Still can’t even now… well, I haven’t tried this past month since it’s been fixed. Maybe there is a way to do it without a tech savvy friend to walk me through hacks and cracks… Of course, that might mean purchasing full versions of them but whatever.
  
Anywho… I upgraded the comp to Windows 10. Compy got taken to Geek Squad shortly after to get fully cleaned up and fixed. I had them check EVERYTHING hardware and software. The alert I heard according to the sounds directory was for “hardware failure to connect” and the Geeks said all was well there. Meh. A couple viruses were found and removed. I made the restart my comp several times there to make sure that alert didn’t happen. And I checked for a week after I brought it home. Nada. So I dubbed my comp fully and properly fixed. :-)
  
Now all I have to do is to get in the habit of using it again. :-) It does feel like mine again, which is progress. And now that the summer is almost over it won’t be too hot to sit in front of the computer or more specifically the warm monitor (since I have to lean closer to it to see). So I am looking forward to fun times ahead with Compy….starting with blogging. :-P

No comments: